Submit Product Idea
As a company built on innovation, we are excited to explore new, ground-breaking products and solutions that will help us create a healthier world.
The Halyard Health Innovation Portal offers an easy way to submit your patented or patent pending products and technologies for review by our business team – but before doing so, take a peek below to better understand what our business is about and what we are looking for from you.
After leveraging our nonwovens expertise to invent the sterile wrap category and capturing a large portion of the hospital protective apparel market, Halyard aggressively expanded into medical devices through a series of acquisitions and licensing deals. Will your partnership opportunity be next?
Who are we?
Market leaders and innovators.
Halyard Health is #1 in sterilization wrap, facial protection, enteral feeding, closed suction catheters and ambulatory infusion systems; #2 in surgical drapes and gowns; and #3 in protective apparel and medical exam gloves.
We consistently provide clinically-superior, high performance and high quality products and solutions and are trusted to deliver optimal patient outcomes.
What are we looking for?
We are searching for innovative products and solutions that are strategically aligned with our current business categories. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our current clinical areas of focus.
What should you have for us?
Be prepared to answer the questions below when submitting your idea to us. Keep in mind that we require the product or enabling technology be patented or patent pending prior to reviewing your submission.
- Clinical Need: How does your device or enabling technology improve patient outcomes?
- Economic Benefit: Does the device or enabling technology save time or reduce cost associated with patient care?
- IP Status*: Have you filed any patent applications or have any granted patents on the device or enabling technology?
- Location: Where will the device or enabling technology be used? For example, an ICU, operating rooms, the ER, in home?
- Target Audience: Who will benefit from using this device - the patient, a surgeon, a nurse, a respiratory therapist, an anesthesiologist?
- Stage of Development: Where are you in your development of the device or enabling technology? Is it in the concept phase, a functional prototype, at bench testing, in pre-clinical testing, at the clinical testing phase or commercially available?
- Regulatory Status: Where are you in securing all required approvals for your device?
- Working Relationship: How do you envision working with Halyard? Through joint development, licensing and acquisition, distribution deal, etc.?
Where in the Halyard Review Process are you?
We meet monthly to review submissions. During this meeting, we will screen submissions for strategic alignment and provide you with feedback on whether or not we would like to move forward with a deeper discussion.
Depending on when you complete your submission relative to our monthly meeting date, you can expect some feedback within 3-6 weeks.
If we feel the product or enabling technology fits with our business plans, we will move forward with a confidentiality agreement and review the opportunity in greater detail.
We look forward to hearing from you! Submit your idea to the Halyard Health Innovation Portal now.