Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Halyard Products
Halyard Customer Portal
Q: What is the Halyard Customer Portal?
A: More than just an online order status tool, the Halyard Customer Portal can help you effectively manage your business with 24/7 access and information at your fingertips. It's a user-friendly, yet comprehensive system that allows you to manage all of your transactions on a day-to-day basis.
• A customizable homepage to meet your individual needs
• User management to give you control of user access within your company
• Ability to send Portal updates directly to your email
• A Product Catalog equipped with a robust product search, detailed product information, and download capabilities
• HYH Connection will be your link to the latest Halyard announcements
The Transaction Center provides you self-service access to the:
• Order Management Center with real-time order statuses, invoice copies, and price discrepancy reports
• Contracts Center for viewing, downloading, and printing your contracts in PDF or Excel format
• Policy Center contains all current Halyard policy statements
• Technical Center includes details regarding electronic communication including EDI
Q: Is this for North America only?
A: Currently, the Portal is for customers who order directly from North America. This includes all customers in North America as well as our international customers that order from North America.
Q: I purchase my Halyard products from a distributor. Can I still use the Customer Portal?
A: The Customer Portal is only available to customers who purchase directly from Halyard. However, the new and enhanced product catalog will be available at products.halyardhealth.com. for all customers to access.
Q: Can I place orders via the Customer Portal?
A: Online Ordering is now available within our Customer Portal for Direct Customers who currently utilize phone, fax or email to place orders. The system is designed for orders that are sold to and shipped to the same address. We do not recommend this system if you are an EDI customer.
To enroll in Online Ordering, simply fill out the Customer Portal Access Request Form found on our website: Access Request. For questions related to the system, please email HalyardCustomerPortal@hyh.com.
Q: How can I find out more about the Portal?
A: Contact Customer Care at 1-844-HALYARD ((1-844-425-9273) or email HalyardCustomerPortal@hyh.com.
Q: What is nitrile?
A: Nitrile is an abbreviated term sometimes used for nitrile rubber, which is made from butadiene and acrylonitrile monomers. When intended for use in a latex form for dipping gloves, a third monomer, a carboxylic acid, is also included. These three monomers, in the correct proportions, produce a polymer that is excellent for use in manufacturing gloves. Butadiene provides soft, rubbery, resilient characteristics to the polymer. Inclusion of acrylonitrile into the polymer structure greatly increases chemical resistance to oils and many petroleum-based chemicals. Carboxylic acid greatly enhances physical properties, such as strength, elongation, and resistance to cut and puncture. Other chemicals are also often added to the nitrile in relatively small amounts, to make it even more appropriate for use in gloves. These typically include crosslinking agents, accelerators, stabilizers, and colorants
Q: Why do some gloves turn brown when I put them on?
A: Several factors can affect glove discoloration.
• Acidic perspiration may react with chemical additives in the glove resulting in discoloration
• Chlorination can result in darker cuffs. This is not a problem unless there is a notable loss of strength as seen in over-chlorinated or over-heated gloves.
• A chemical reaction between residual nicotine deposits (found between the index and middle finger where a smoker holds cigarettes) and manufacturing chemicals such as carbamates may stain the glove.
• Metabolic copper or iron, or handling objects made of such metals, may also result in glove staining.
Q: Are the HALYARD* AAMI-level Isolation Gowns treated to prevent static buildup?
A: Yes, our Isolation Gowns are treated with an anti-stat to reduce the potential for static to build up in the gown.
Q: Does AORN make any recommendation about the length of time that a shoe cover can be worn?
A: AORN states: 'If shoe covers are worn, they should be changed whenever they become torn, wet, or soiled, and they should be removed and discarded in a designated container before leaving the surgical area.'
Q: What does AAMI stand for?
A: Association for the Advancement of Medical Instruments
Q: What are AAMI levels?
A: AAMI guidelines are a widely accepted system of classification for protective apparel based on liquid barrier performance, according to ANDI/AAMI PB70:2003(R)2009.
Q: What products do you offer that address issues of fogging on glasses?
A: We offer several different styles of masks that address the issue of fogging. These masks include our fog-free masks, anti-fog masks and masks with Dermatouch tape. Please contact your Halyard Health sales representative for more information.
Q: Does Halyard offer support training for N95 respirators?
A: We offer a fit testing kit that contains training materials for your healthcare facility. Your Halyard Health sales representative can assist in training your trainers to do fit testing.
Q: Do HALYARD* Surgical gowns contain latex?
A: Halyard products are not manufactured with natural rubber latex.
Q: What do the different colors on the Halyard Surgical Gown neckbands signify?
A: Color-coded gown neckbands, tie cards, and packaging are part of the HALYARD* Color-Key. The HALYARD* Color Key provides caregivers Instant Gown Recognition, to help minimize the risk of wearing the wrong gown. Now it’s easy to quickly select the gown you want for each and every procedure. The colors signify the following:
• Yellow – Non-reinforced surgical gowns
• Green – Fabric-reinforced surgical gowns
• Red – High Performance Type Surgical Gowns (includes Zoned Impervious, Fully Impervious, Specialty Impervious and MICROCOOL* surgical gowns)
• Packaging: The color that corresponds to the neckband color is located on the top edge of the front of the gown package.
• Tie Card: The Color-Key tie card accompanies each gown, to help users in the OR understand what their colored neckbands represent
Q: What are the cuffs on HALYARD* Surgical Gowns made out of?
A: 100% Polyester Weave
Q: If a sterilizer cycle aborts or malfunctions before completion should wrapped packages be re-wrapped?
A: Yes, if a sterilizer malfunctions or a cycle is aborted before completion, packages wrapped with HALYARD* Sterilization Wrap should be re-wrapped prior to being placed in another sterilization cycle.
Q: Can HALYARD* Sterilization Wrap be re-used?
A: No. Halyard does not endorse the re-use (re-sterilization) of sterilization wrap and does not warrant performance of the product if it is re-used. It is cleared by the FDA as a single-use product.
Q: Does HALYARD* Sterilization Wrap contain natural rubber latex?
A: This product is not manufactured with natural rubber latex.