Are you ready to BLUE RENEW*?
Halyard Health has developed a step-by-step program to assist your facility in successfully recycling HALYARD* STERILIZATION WRAP. We call it BLUE RENEW*. Medical facilities across the United States are now recycling their used, clean HALYARD* WRAP, made from recyclable #5 polypropylene fabric. And there are recycling partners in your area who can help you do it, too.
The Evolution of BLUE RENEW*
With an understanding of the need to strike a balance between protecting the patient and protecting the environment, Halyard Health developed the BLUE RENEW* Sterilization Wrap Recycling Program. Designed to help keep Halyard sterilization wrap out of the landfill, the BLUE RENEW* Program was launched in 2010 to assist healthcare facilities in successfully recycling used, clean HALYARD* Sterilization Wrap from their operating rooms.
Year one saw a group of 20 hospitals in Southern California shape and educate U.S. based recyclers on the capabilities and passion that Sterile Processing and Operating Room professionals have for recycling. The program has been growing ever since! Thanks to BLUE RENEW*, nearly 300 healthcare facilities in North America are diverting over 4 million pounds of wrap from landfills each year, for a savings of $280K. [read more]
Responsibility. Pass It On.
Answer YES to these questions and you’re ready to BLUE RENEW*!
1. Does your Halyard Representative know you want to recycle your HALYARD* Sterilization Wrap? Give your representative a call. They are equipped to help you successfully implement a motivated team to BLUE RENEW*!
2. Is your OR Manager supportive? This is an important driver in the success of the program who may be able to help you identify leaders on each shift that are supportive as well.
3. Is there a “Green Team” representative from the OR? Although this isn't absolutely critical, it is important to make sure that an OR team member is on the green team. Maybe that’s you!
4. Do you have the cooperation of your Environmental Services group? Your environmental Services group is your link to the recycling process. They are your partners in a BLUE RENEW* program and any other recycling program you undertake. Working together with your EVS, you will be able to work through a process that will be successful for your team.
5. Do you have the backing of your facility’s leadership? Leadership support is a critical step to long-term commitment. You may have environmental focus in your mission statement that is equivalent to your mission to provide patient care excellence. Although, some hospitals may not have a formalized policy, there are ways to present recycling to your leadership.
By recycling, you reduce the overall impact of resources on the environment. We believe that every step can make a difference. Contact your sales representative to find out more about how your facility can make a difference. To find the representative for your facility, click here.