ULTRA* Surgical Gowns
Choose the Right Gown for the Right Procedure.
Successful outcomes: ULTRA* Surgical Gowns are designed to provide the right balance of comfort and protection for the widest range of procedures. The ULTRA* line includes five different gown types, from non-reinforced fabric to our AAMI-4 rated ULTRA* Film-reinforced Gown, all made with our enhanced SMS fabric.
The Right Balance of Properties
When choosing gowns for your OR, it's important to consider all the properties that affect performance, as defined by AORN in its 2006 Standards, Recommended Practices and Guidelines.
- Fluid resistance: barrier protection to prevent blood strikethrough and fluid contamination
- Flame resistance: meets NFPA industry standard for low ignition
- Lint and abrasion resistance: reduces the risk of lint contamination in the wound and related post-operative complications
Not all surgical solutions today can provide these four critical properties. Get the facts. See the difference. Make the right choice for your team.
AAMI Standard Now on ULTRA* Surgical Gowns
The AAMI Liquid Barrier Standard 1 has been adopted by the FDA as a standard for barrier testing, classification, performance claims and product labeling of surgical gowns.
- AAMI Level 3: ULTRA* Surgical Gowns provide Level 3 liquid barrier in zones A, B, and C.
- AAMI Level 4: ULTRA* Film-Reinforced Surgical Gowns provide Level 4 liquid barrier in zones A, B, & C.
The HALYARD* Color-Key system allows you to quickly choose the right gown for specific procedures and also helps to simplify inventory management:
- Red: Impervious, for lengthy, fluid-intensive procedures
- Green: Fabric-reinforced, for moderate to high fluid contact
- Yellow & White: Non-reinforced gowns for low to moderate fluid contact.
Fluid resistance: Barrier protection to prevent blood strikethrough and fluid contamination
Flame resistance: Meets NFPA industry standard for low ignition
Lint and abrasion resistance: Reduces the risk of wound contamination and related post-operative complications
Superior fit, flexibility and comfort
* KC400 MICROCOOL* Surgical gowns pass ASTM 1671 Standard Test Method for resistance of materials used in protective clothing to penetration of bloodborne pathogens using PHI-X174 bacteriophage penetration as a test system
1 ANSI/AAMI PB70-2003 Liquid Barrier performance and classification of protective apparel and drapes intended for use in health care facilities.
2 Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN), Standards, Recommended Practices and Guidelines, 2006.