The cost of supply chain issues add up quickly. Financial costs may include higher cost of substitute products, increased waste, readmission penalties or absenteeism.
Owens & Minor strives to
simplify the process so
you don't have to worry
Our vertically integrated
supply chain makes our
- Design products and their specifications to ensure appropriateness for use
- Select the best raw materials
- Self-manufacture most of our products, many in North America
- Apply high quality standards
- Have three strategically-located distribution centers in North America for rapid deployment
We are equipped for the
Reliability means being prepared to respond better to
things we can't control, such as:
- Hurricanes Harvey and Irma disrupting the flow of inventory
- 2015 port strike halting shipments from Asia to the west coast
Up to 8 weeks for shipment from Asia
2 weeks (or less) for Owens & Minor response.
Reliability starts with being carefully made.
- Standardized, proprietary processes
- Manufacturing in US, Mexico, Honduras and Thailand
- Reliability across locations
Clinically Superior Products
- Patented, proprietary products
- Control over raw material selection
- Numerous quality checkpoints
- Reliability in every product category
- In-house labor force
- Workforce initiatives focused on safety, sustainability, and community involvement
- Reliability through a stable work force
O&M Global Products' reliability gives you complete peace
of mind without costing you more.
Competitors promise 30% savings on sterilization wrap, which sounds very attractive on the surface.
Apples to Oranges
But competitors offer savings based on providing lower quality products. They offer five grades of wraps, where Halyard provides seven.
Poor Performance = Reprocessing Costs
An increase of just 2% in tears, cuts, and holes as a resultt of substituting lower-grades can wipe out any potential savings.
Adding Expensive Accessories
Customers then buy corner protectors and other expensive accessories to try and make the lesser wrap “work.”