Chemotherapy Gloves, Gowns and Spill Kits
There is NO SAFE LEVEL OF EXPOSURE to cytotoxic chemo gear drugs for healthcare workers.
Protect your team with HALYARD* Chemotherapy chemo gear PPE to reduce your risk.
Wear the Battle Gear That Protects Against 52 Chemotherapy Drugs!
HALYARD* Chemo Gear protects your healthcare workers and adheres to stricter USP <800> guidelines
Gear Up For USP <800> Guidelines with the CHEMO GEAR* ADMINISTRATION KIT
New USP <800> Guidelines require nurses administering chemo treatment to wear full PPE, including a chemo gown and double gloves. The Guidelines also require changing PPE between patients to avoid chemical transfer. Each CHEMO GEAR* Administration Kit has all the approved components nurses need to stay both compliant and comfortable while administering chemotherapy.
Keep your staff safe and in compliance. Contact your Halyard rep today!
CHEMO GEAR* ADMINISTRATION KIT
CHEMO GEAR* ADMINISTRATION KIT is a convenient and affordable administration kit to help your staff Gear Up for the new USP <800> Guidelines for handling hazardous and chemotherapy drugs.
Ease of use for efficient and proper protection
By placing a CHEMO GEAR* ADMINISTRATION KIT in each administration station throughout your facility, your staff no longer wastes time gathering PPE. They now have quick access at point of use and the peace of mind knowing they are safely protected from hazardous and chemotherapy drug contamination when helping their patients.
Included in the CHEMO GEAR* Administration Kit:
- 2 PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA* Powder-Free Exam Gloves, Medium
- 2 PINK UNDERGUARD* Nitrile Powder-Free Exam Gloves, Medium
- 1 CHEMO360* Procedure Gown, Universal
- 2 Alcohol Wipes
- 1 Caution Sign
- 1 Chemo Bag
- 1 Chemo Preparation Mat
CHEMO360* Procedure Gown
CHEMO360* Gowns are the newest addition to CHEMO GEAR: our comprehensive portfolio of PPE designed to provide head-to-toe protection in compliance with USP <800>. CHEMO360* Gowns are closed in the back, with a secure tape closure, to provide more protection from exposure. In addition to our current HALYARD* Procedure Gowns for Chemotherapy Use, you now have a choice of protective chemo gown styles to accommodate your facility’s protocols and user preferences.
- CHEMO360* Gowns and HALYARD* Procedure Gowns for Chemotherapy Use meet the USP <800> Guidelines for safe handling of hazardous drugs.¹
- Both HALYARD* Gowns for Chemotherapy Use have been tested against 52 chemotherapy drugs.²
- Halyard tests the full, finished gown for resistance to permeation, including all sleeves and seams.
- The fabric used in our chemotherapy gowns also passed ASTM F1670 and F1671 against blood and bloodborne pathogen penetration.
PINK UNDERGUARD* Nitrile Exam Gloves
As new PPE protocols for handling chemotherapy agents are implemented, it is imperative to have a chemotherapy glove that appropriately protects healthcare professionals and makes compliance to double gloving easy. PINK UNDERGUARD* does both!
PINK UNDERGUARD* and PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA* double gloving solution exhibits reduced donning time by up to 44.4% compared to double gloving the top two leading competitive extended cuff chemotherapy gloves.³
PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA* Exam Glove
PINK UNDERGUARD* and PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA*
THE PERFECT PAIRING FOR CHEMO COMPLIANCE
- Both gloves now approved for 52 chemo drugs per ASTM D6978.4
- Reduced friction by up to 60% when using PINK UNDERGUARD* and PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA* together.5, 6
- Reduced double gloving time by up to 52.7% when using PINK UNDERGUARD* as an underglove.5, 6
- Reduced donning time by up to 44.4% when using PINK UNDERGUARD* and PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA* together.5, 6
- 100% acceptance rate by users for ease of donning.6
HALYARD* CHEMO GEAR* Spill Kit For Use With Hazardous And Chemotherapy Drugs
HALYARD* CHEMO GEAR* SPILL KIT is a convenient and affordable kit to protect your staff with spill cleanup of hazardous or chemotherapy drugs. The Halyard Chemo Gear Spill Kit follows the USP<800> guidelines and provides the gear you need in one package to quickly clean up spills and limit contamination.
Spill Kits can also be customized to specific medical center needs. Please contact your rep to order HALYARD* CHEMO GEAR* SPILL KIT or inquire about customization.
Correct Donning and Doffing the Chemo360 Gown
Related Articles & Resources
For more information about <USP>800 and HALYARD Chemotherapy Protection, please contact our team.
1 USP General Chapter <800> Hazardous Drugs – Handling in Healthcare Settings, United States Pharmacoepial Convention, USP 40—NF 35, Second Supplement (2017).
2 For the full list of chemotherapy drugs tested, visit www.gearupforthefight.com
3 Based on 2018 extended cuff chemotherapy gloves sales data
4 Standard Practice for Assessment of Medical Gloves to Permeation by Chemotherapy Drugs
5 Compared to double gloving the top two leading competitive gloves based on 2018 extended cuff chemotherapy gloves sales data
6 Data on file 2019