Personal protective equipment guides and products for frontline workers to help reduce the risk of infection
Proper PPE and Infection Prevention Training Can Help Saves Lives
If hospital staff don’t have the right equipment for the right job, or don’t follow infection prevention protocols, the risks of patients getting a healthcare-associated infection (HAI), or of hospital workers contracting illnesses, is greatly increased.
Additionally, the estimated annual hospital costs of HAIs in the USA is between US$28 billion and $45 billion per year.¹
HALYARD* solutions have you covered with the right protective gear for staff and patients, as well as protocol information and other helpful materials.
Help improve safety, patient care and financial outcomes with the proper PPE.
The estimated number of annual deaths due to healthcare-associated infections, according to the CDC
Use of proper PPE helps prevent unnecessary cross-contamination
Frontline workers need protection from head to toe
The HALYARD* portfolio offers a full line of protective apparel for both staff and patients. In many cases, our protective apparel meets or exceeds performance standards and guidelines established by organizations such as OSHA, AAMI, NIOSH, and ASHP for strength, barrier protection, and fluid resistance.
Select the right PPE for the job:
Incidence of blood and body fluid splashes found on protective glasses and masks during surgical procedures²
A properly fitted N95 respirator is the least expensive respirator for protecting healthcare workers and the public against airborne infection1.
Our N95 respirators are NIOSH approved to filter out at least 95% of very small (<0.3micron) particles, including bacteria and viruses. Make sure yours are up to healthcare standards with HALYARD* FLUIDSHIELD* Surgical N95 respirators. See how we can help protect your frontline staff with medical grade N95 respirators made in the Americas.
FLUIDSHIELD* Surgical N95 Respirator Mask
HALYARD* FLUIDSHIELD masks have long been considered the industry standard. Our FLUIDSHIELD* Level 3 face masks now meet the ASTM Level 3 (high) fluid protection standard. Designed to provide high fluid resistance, masks are available as either surgical masks with ties or procedure masks with earloops, both with wraparound visor for added protection.
- 4-layer construction
- Soft inner lining
- 100% natural rubber latex-free
- Available with safety seal
Designed to provide effective facial fit
- ASTM Level of Protection: 3
- RHP Fluid Protection: High
- Splash Resistance: 160
Masks & N95 Respirators
Be better equipped with HALYARD* gown selections
During invasive procedures, patients as well as the healthcare team are at risk for exposure to infectious agents through pathogen penetration of surgical gowns. Healthcare personnel should be aware of the relevant standards, guidelines, and professional recommendations that address surgical gowns. In many cases, our Protective Apparel meets or exceeds performance standards and guidelines established by organizations such as OSHA, AAMI, NIOSH, and ASHP for strength, barrier protection, and fluid resistance.
HALYARD* AERO CHROME* gowns are designed to keep your OR staff both cool and protected during long, fluid-intensive procedures.⁴
HALYARD* AERO CHROME* Breathable Performance Surgical Gown
AERO CHROME* Breathable Performance Surgical Gowns combine unprecedented comfort, softness and breathability with AAMI Level 4 protection against fluids and pathogens.
- Unique stretch properties enable full range of motion and resists fabric tears
- Unique fitted V neck design prevents gaping of the gown while leaning forward
- Unique breathable back panel maximizes airflow through the surgical gown
- AAMI Level 4
- Flame resistance: Meets CPSC 16, Class 1, CFR Part 1610
- Laser ignition: L1 Per ISO 11810
- Abrasion resistance: Meets ASTM D496
- Provides protection against microbial penetration based on wet and dry microbial testing per EN13795 using ISO 11610 and ISO 11612
- Breathable to moisture in the vapor state in the critical zones
- Standing and seated procedures
- Is easier to identify than other blue or green gowns in the market
Sequence for Donning PPE
Are your frontline staff donning PPE correctly?
The sequence for donning and doffing PPE is critically important, and a process that requires significant attention to detail. The CDC’s sequence instructions are the industry standard that should be followed.
Proper Wearing of HALYARD* Surgical N95 Respirators and Surgical Masks
Additional Products for Maximum Protection
Articles & Resources
Please fill out this quick form to contact one of our representatives for more information on products and solutions.
- Scott R., II . In: The Direct Medical Costs of Healthcare-Associated Infections in US Hospitals and the Benefits of Prevention. Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Polock DA, Stone PW, editors. London, UK: Economist; 2009. [Google Scholar]. •• Written by a health economist at the CDC. This is the most up-to-date national estimate on the cost of HAIs.
- CG Davies et al, Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2007 89(8): 770-772, MN Khan et al;
- According to a study of disposable N95 respirators and standard medical face masks conducted by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies (IOM) and commissioned by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) – https://www.halyardhealth.com/solutions/infection-prevention/pandemic-preparedness/face-masks-and-respirators.aspx
- ISO 22610 (wet),ISO 22612 (dry), ASTM F1671 and ASTM F1670, Hydrohead-20811